Friday, May 27, 2011

My Mission

In the past few years I have been strengthened in my faith and grown in my desire to serve others with the gifts God has given me.  As I studied engineering in college I felt the need to look beyond myself and think outside of the expectations of the world.  I don't claim to know exactly what God's will is for my life, I just look for open doors.


Doors have certainly opened for me in the form of engineering mission work.  This summer I am serving at the HCJB Global Technology Center in Elkhart, Indiana.  HCJB is a Christian non-profit organization that spreads the Gospel through their worldwide radio ministry and health programs.  Following the summer I will be volunteering with Engineering Ministries International in Colorado Springs for the Fall 2011 term.  EMI is also a Christian non-profit, providing design work for facilities that give hope to the poor of developing countries around the world.


These opportunities are a real answer to prayer as I had been searching for a way to combine my technical skills with Christian ministry.  God has great plans for me and I am very excited to see how He will work through me and the people I serve with.

1 comment:

  1. cool blog, Ben! hope your first day at HCJB went well!

    ReplyDelete