Friday, June 17, 2011

Go to the Land I Will Show You

In a few months I will be over 8000 miles away in a land I know very little about with a language I will most likely never understand.  So basically, if I dug a hole down through the earth right now, survived the molten core, and came out the other side, I would end up pretty close to where I will be in September.  It's crazy the places God can take you if you're not careful.


My project assignment with EMI this fall will be in Thailand, where the team will be spending two weeks.  I got a list of possible EMI project trips for this fall, and listed my preferences and interests.  Shortly after that I received my project assignment based on the needs for each project, individual skills, and experience.  Needless to say, I am extremely excited!


"Go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you."
Genesis 12:1
The project is serving a healthcare ministry in jungle communities by designing safe housing, clean water supply, and sanitation for a village.  However the main goal is to provide training in construction techniques for building new medical facilities in remote areas.



My project team is still being formed as we wait for volunteer engineers, architects, and builders to offer their time and skills.  Please pray that some great people will follow God's call to help and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment