Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thailand Highlight #10: Team Bonding

After much traveling, I made it back home to Colorado Springs on Saturday - just in time for some snow.  Now I'm just trying to recover from jet lag, unpacking, and doing laundry.  Since I wasn't able to post much during the trip the past three weeks, it's a little bit difficult to try and make up for lost time now.  If I tried to describe everything that happened on the trip and all the stories, that would make for an extremely long post.  So, I will just go over some of the highlights from the entire trip, sort of a SportsCenter Top 10 if you will.  We'll take them one at a time so I have more time to write, starting with #10...













10) Team Bonding
Spending time with a group of people 24/7 for a couple weeks is a quick way to get to know each other.  It seems like ages ago that our eMi team met in the airport at the start of our journey.  These guys are professional engineers, architects, and builders who are actively using their gifts to serve others and I love to see that willingness to follow God's leading.  Matthew, Dan, Bill, Steve, Brent, David, Seth, Rex, and I are all such different people from different places, and all came together for one purpose.  We worked hard, encouraged each other with our testimonies, and had a lot of fun.  Whether it was listening to Thai cover bands on the radio for three and a half hours packed in a van, helping each other carry buckets of dirt in 95 degree heat, or singing worship songs for a house church service, we were a real team.  I feel fortunate to have been able to work and spend time with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment