Friday, December 9, 2011

From Intern to Project Manager

Looks like time is running out on my experience here at eMi.  With just a little over a week left in my internship, I find myself scrambling to finish our Jungle Hospital project.  Designs have been coming together quickly in the past few weeks, but there are a lot of loose ends to take care of now.  The Free Burma Rangers are depending on us to get the plans to them before I leave, so that they can hopefully finish building before their rainy season.

Needless to say, the next week or so will be very busy.  Especially since Rex, my project leader, has his hands tied with recruiting for his next project among other things.  Rex has joked that I have become the project manager, and should be telling him what to do.  Joking aside, I do feel the pressure of having all this responsibility.  I have to remind myself that God is taking care of everything and it's not all on my shoulders.

In other news, our project has been getting some publicity.  Owen Geiger himself, the world renowned earthbag expert, has featured us in his blog and website (I know, very exciting).  So I am officially famous... at least among people who are into building things out of dirt, and who go to that website.  The funny thing is I seem to have gotten all the credit for the project.  Actually one of the articles was from some guy named Ben Vander Pas... so I guess I don't get credit for that one.

Anyway here are the articles:

Free Burma Rangers Clinic

Earthbag Building Thailand Project

HyPar Roofs

No comments:

Post a Comment