Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Good and Faithful Servant

It has been a difficult time for the staff here at the office in Colorado Springs.  On Monday morning Jim Hall, our CEO and leader of eMi USA, went to be with the Lord.  Less than a month ago he informed us that the melanoma cancer he had been battling before had spread to his vital organs.  It was a hard blow to the staff, who were very close to Jim.

With prayer and fasting throughout the office, we asked God to heal him.  It was hard to know how to pray in a time like that.  There seemed to be little hope, and yet we knew God could perform a miracle.  But nobody expected him to go so fast.  After spending time with his family in Florida for Thanksgiving, he passed away.  His family saw it as a blessing that he didn't have to suffer for very long before going.

For myself, as well as the other interns here, it has been a somewhat confusing time.  We didn't have much of a chance to get to know Jim, being here just a few months.  When the news came, the staff took a good part of the day to gather around and share memories of Jim.  Now I feel like I know him better and I realize what a great man he was.  So many stories told of how his heart was truly for the Lord.  He poured himself into the ministry of eMi, and really loved the people under his leadership.  The staff was so close to him, I could see how much pain they felt knowing he was gone.

While I didn't know Jim like people here at the office, I wish I had known him.  I know that he was an example for many to follow, and that he touched many lives.  I know that I want people to remember me for overflowing with love for the people around me, and for having a passion for God's work in my life, just as Jim is remembered.


His master replied, "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!" 
Matthew 25:21

No comments:

Post a Comment