Saturday, February 4, 2012

Prayer Team

My experiences in this past year have been a special reminder of the power of prayer.  Even though I tend to worry more about tangible things that I can't control anyway, I've realized how important it is to have a strong prayer support behind everything I do.  I believe God hears our requests and is pleased when we pray for each other.  Not only does it help with staying connected with Christ and each other, but also with accountability and encouragement.

With this in mind, I've decided to go about this like any good engineer and try to be organized.  The idea is to make sort of a schedule for my time in Ecuador so that individuals can be praying very intentionally for specific situations.  I'd like to invite you (or you and your significant other, or family, small group, whatever) to commit to one week of prayer.  I will be in Ecuador for eight weeks, so there are eight spots.  Hopefully each one can be filled by the time that week comes around.  

If you would like to sign up for a week, just let me know and make sure I have your email address.  Then I will do my best to contact you with specific prayer requests and updates for that week.  Also it would be great if you could let me know your needs for prayer, and then I can be praying for you as well.  Obviously you can still be praying even if you don't sign up, I'm not that strict with the rules.  I just thought I'd try and make it a little more personal and meaningful.  Also I will still be listing prayer requests on this blog.

Anyway these are the weeks available, just comment or contact me to let me know:

1) February 5 - 11 (I fly out Sunday morning)
2) February 12 - 18
3) February 19 - 25
4) February 26 - March 3
5) March 4 - 10
6) March 11 - 17
7) March 18 - 24
8) March 25 - 28 (I'll be back in the USA on the 28th)

Thank you everyone who has been praying for me, it really is important to me.

1 comment:

  1. This is very late, but...we'll take one or both of the last weeks. We can pray for you during our after-dinner devotional times. Sorry for not commenting sooner.

    ReplyDelete